Monday, September 10, 2012

Flavored Almond Milk Recipes


I am really excited about flavored almond milk as a special treat some nights when I just want something sweet and delicious.
I soaked 5 cups of almonds overnight. I buy a bag at Costco-3 pounds for about $10. Great price and I have used them for this, almond butter and snacking and still have about half a bag left!

Almond Milk Recipe


  • 1 cup pre-soaked almonds
  • 3 cups water
  • pinch of salt


Put all ingredients in food processor or blender, blend for about 3 minutes. Pulse a few times for good measure.
Strain milk into container with fine mesh strainer, or even better through cheesecloth.
Save the pulp for any number of delicious recipes you can find by searching almond pulp recipes, or dry it out in the oven or dehydrator then pulse in food processor to make fantastic almond flour.

Note: This recipe makes a skim milk like consistency. I don't mind that, but my husband prefers a creamier milk. You may want to adjust the water amount to your preferences.

Flavored Almond Milk Recipes


Vanilla Almond Milk Recipe

Use base recipe above and add the following ingredients at the beginning.
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 TB Raw Honey

Maple Cinnamon Almond Milk Recipe

Tastes like fall, and I love it warmed up!
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 TB Real Maple Syrup
  • About a 1/4 tsp Cinnamon

Chocolate Almond Milk Recipe

  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 TB Raw Honey
  • 1-2 tsp Cocoa Powder depending on taste
Shake well before enjoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment