Shrimp, Bacon, Avocado Salad with Orange Balsamic DressingOr as it will henceforth be called SBA salad with an Orange Balsamic Dressing. I was going to shorten the Orange Balsamic down to it's initials but you can see where that might be misconstrued as something else, and I couldn't change the letters the other way either. So it will remain as Orange Balsamic. All that really matters is this salad is yummy and is full of healthy yummy stuff + bacon. So yeah. Eat up!
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1/3 lb bacon chopped
- 2 oranges
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 avocado
- Grape Tomatoes
Warm Orange Balsamic Dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 finely crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- optional-cayenne pepper to taste (if you like a little kick)
- Juice of one orange
- 1/2 cup olive oil
To make dressing; put all ingredients in sauce pan except oil and mix well with a whisk over low heat. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, constantly stirring until blended well. Remove from heat. You don't want it to get to hot, just warm enough to get all the flavors together nicely.
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp.
- Drain off most of the fat, and return to med. heat.
- Add shrimp
- Add 1/3 cup of the balsamic dressing (store the rest, or serve on the side for those who want more)
- Stir well
- Meanwhile cut avocado and place on top of spinach with tomatoes.
- Pour dressing, bacon and shrimp on top
- Toss and serve with orange slice for garnish or extra flavor
Protein: Shrimp, Bacon
Fat: Avocado, Oil from dressing
Vegetables/Fruit: Spinach, Oranges, Tomatoes