Friday, August 17, 2012

Paleo Lemonade

It's hot today. 
Like 98 degrees hot.
We are going to a friends house for dinner, and I'm hoping there is something there that I can eat. They don't know how I eat yet, so hopefully they aren't offended if they order pizza and I can't eat any of it! My kids and husband are excited to go and eat whatever they offer.
I told my family that when we went to other people's homes they could make their own decisions on what they want to eat. They have all been dreaming of breads, pastas and cheeses all day.
I am really hoping they get over these cravings soon. I find it hard to bite my tongue when I see my husband eating junk that he has brought home from work.
I know this can be hard, but for me eating this way means I don't feel yucky. It's easy for me to say, I don't want to feel sick or sad, so no cookie. For them, not so much.
The hardest thing for me has been no real beverages besides water when it is so hot out!
Why didn't they have a Coca Cola tree or something back then? :)
For those hot days when you are craving something a little more flavor than water...
This is an extremely easy recipe that I came up with today when my 4 year old saw my bowl of lemons and demanded I make lemonade.
I made him say please and then I figured it out.

Paleo Lemonade

  • 2 qts cold water 
  • 2 lemons 
  • Agave Syrup to taste (you could also use a little raw honey or pure maple syrup)
  1. Fill your pitcher with cold water-preferably filtered.
  2. Roll your lemons on the counter with mild pressure to release juices.
  3. Cut Lemons in half and remove any visible seeds
  4. Using a fork or a juicer squeeze lemons into the water.
  5. Drizzle agave to taste. I only used a small amount as I like a tart lemonade with just a hint of sweetness.
  6. Optional lemon wedges.
The kids really loved this little treat. I loved watching my four year old drink it with the lemon wedge on the cup-looks like he has a bird beak! Ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment