Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Easy Ceviche | Recipe from The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf

So I haven't always loved shrimp...or marinara sauce as a matter of fact, but as I get older my tastes seem to change a lot.
If you would have asked my 10 year old self if I would ever enjoy this dish I probably would have responded with some form of...
"Gag me with a spoon!"
But my 31 year old self enjoyed this. A lot. A whole lot.
It couldn't be easier to make either. I had frozen shrimp (I buy a big bag at Costco) and cold marinara because I had used it for another recipe so I changed it up from how he prepared it but I will give you the recipe from Robb Wolf's book The Paleo Solution and then tell you how I prepared it.

Easy Ceviche

  • 10 oz tail off, pre-cooked shrimp
  • 2 cups low sugar marinara sauce
  • 2 TB olive oil
  • 2 TB lemon juice
  • 1 tsp basil
Rinse the shrimp, divide between two bowls. Pour half the marinara sauce over each bowl of shrimp, then drizzle each with a 1 TB of both olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the basil. Enjoy!

So that is his recipe, I modified it a bit, because I really don't think I could do it cold...and because my shrimp were frozen, and I KNOW I couldn't do it frozen!

I put the shrimp in a skillet with the olive oil and the juice of half a lemon and cooked shrimp until done. Then I added the marinara sauce and basil, heated over low heat until warm. Then instead of pouring into two bowls I poured half into one bowl, ate it and then poured the rest into the same bowl and ate the rest. 
My husband turned up his nose at this and opted for a bowl of Corn Pops. 
After the end of this month he won't have those options anymore so I think he is taking every opportunity to eat junk until then.
His loss. This was mmmm tasty.

Protein: Shrimp
Fruits/Veggies: Marinara Sauce, Lemon Juice
Fat: Olive Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment